You will need:
2 tblspns Coconut Oil
3/4 cup Unsweetened Flaked Coconut
1/2 cup Coconut Flour
3 eggs – beaten
4 – 4 oz. Tilapia fillets, adjust depending on size
Sea Salt – to taste
Rinse Tilapia fillets under cool water, place on a plate and pat with paper towel to remove any excess water. Set aside.
1. Mix unsweetened coconut flakes, coconut flour and pinch of salt together on a large plate.
2. Crack eggs into a bowl and beat.
3. Brush egg over each tilapia fillet.
4. Coat both sides of fillet with coconut mixture by pressing fillet into the prepared mixture on the plate, coat both sides evenly. Gently toss/shake fillet to remove any excess coconut. Set aside on a plate, repeat until all fillets are prepared.
5. Heat the 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a large skillet over medium/high heat.
6. Fry fillets in the hot oil until golden brown, approximately 5-7 minutes per side, depending on thickness. Fish will flake easily with a fork.
I like to serve with Coconut Lime Rice or Oven Roasted Potatoes and a fresh vegetable or salad.