You will need:
- 10-ounce bag fresh spinach
- 6 ounces (3/4 block) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 6 ounces (3/4 block) fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups part-skim mozzarella, shredded
- 1 (14-ounce) jar artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed (not minced)
- 6 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese, divided
Preheat oven to 350°F
Tear spinach into bite-size pieces, cutting off any thick stems as you go. Rinse in a colander, leaving a little water on the leaves.
Using a nonstick skillet, sauté spinach over medium heat until wilted. Drain in the colander, removing a little of the extra water.Grab your mixing bowl and combine both cream cheeses. (I use a potato masher.) Add sour cream and mash again. Add spinach, mozzarella, artichokes, pepper, garlic, and 2 tablespoons of the parmesan. Stir everything until thoroughly combined.
Pour mixture into a 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup of Parmesan on top. Bake 30 minutes, or until parmesan is melted and dip is bubbling. Remove from oven and give it a minute or two to cool down.
Serve with baked tortilla chips, sliced pita bread triangles or whole grain crackers.